Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back in Action

Sorry we've been MIA; it's been a C-RA-ZY couple of weeks.

Most of you know about Ron's episode over 4th of July resulting in a day trip to Presby. For those who don't, long story short - Ron spiked a 103.3 temp which wouldn't budge despite meds, cool shower, ice packs, etc. We then found he had a leak in his PICC, so off to Presby we went. IR changed out his PICC, sent it out for cultures and sent us on our way. Results from cultures confirm PICC was infected. As you can imagine he felt pretty crummy for a few days.

Just when things were getting back to "normal"; I was hit by the most awful stomach bug I've ever had! Five days later, I'm just now able to begin eating something other than crackers, water and/or potatoes. Let me tell ya, this experience has given me a greater appreciaiton for how much my sweet guy suffers when he's dealing with the yakking, digestive issues, etc.....and I know what I had doesn't come near to touching what he goes through!

Anywho, on to better things! Don and Marcie's daughter, Keely, is getting married this weekend!!! We will be spending the weekend in Waco helping out with all the wedding festivities. We leave Friday and return Sunday.

And yes, even though it's not that far from home, we do have to take all our supplies and have an emergency plan in place, just in case a medical event arises!

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...