Sunday, November 4, 2012

Five Years

Nov 4, 2007...5 years ago today... my boys were frantically trying to get home from college and/or out of state work, to see their very ill Dad; only to be greeted with a very grim prognosis -- despite the doctor's best efforts. Caring medical staff were doing everything within their power to keep him alive until their arrival.

 Praise God for His mercy and grace! He blessed us immeasurably; not only allowing them to arrive in time to be with their Dad, but sustaining his life!

 Though the journey has been long and at times most difficult; God is faithful!

 So much more I could say; yet, I don't want to steal Ron's thunder! He is sharing his testimony with our youth this Wednesday, November 7. Please pray for him as this date approaches. He's coming off of a rough few weeks. Pray for his health, strength/stamina, confidence, clarity of thought and communication.

 I'm hoping he will put his thoughts to words and after Wednesday, I will be able to send out an email from him!

 In the meantime, know how much we love and appreciate each of you! Can't imagine these last 5 years without your love & support!

 "I will lead them by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."
Isaiah 42:16 NIV

1 comment:

Casey Megan said...

I miss you two so much. When I taught middle school last year, I often referred to the two of you when telling the kiddos that they need Sunday School teachers that not only teach them God's word, but love them completely. I hope there is a recording of Ron's testimony. I would so love to hear it! Hopefully I will see you next Sunday at church. Love you guys.

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...