Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Monday!

Ron has been sleeping most of the day; he's pretty tired since they were in and out quite often last night...they gave him 2 units of blood starting after midnight because his blood count was in the 7 range (should be above 10+). They weren't surprised, since they drained a liter off yesterday morning. He still has some pain; but much less compared to what it had been Saturday. Dr . Shires says he will continue to have pain for a few days but it will slowly get less severe.

Good news I failed to report yesterday (in the midst of all the craziness): when they looked at the CT they could see the intestines and everything else looks good. This hematoma has nothing to do with all the previous stuff; just a complication from being on Lovenox injections. It will set him back a few days on feeding process, though. Wouldn't be a good idea to try to introduce food when he has the binder tightly wrapped around his abdomen.

As I was looking at the calendar, I must confess I got a little anxious. It's less than (4) weeks until I start back to work...YIKES! And here we are, still in the hospital. It just isn't feasible to think we can do things the same as last year. And the beginning of the school year is an exceptionally busy time for my department. Please pray against worry and anxiety. I know God has a plan in place and He will reveal it in His perfect timing.

And, at some point, we will need to do something about another vehicle. We sold my vehicle last November to help cut as many expenses as possible, but as we look toward school starting and as Ron progresses in his recovery and his need for the truck, we realize something will need to be done. .

We've been told for every day Ron's been "down" we can count on it taking 3 days to gain back...so if this holds true; it will be quite a while before he's back 100% to where he was prior to this illness. Although we know he will never be able to go back to the physical labor of the job and are very happy he is already able to do some of the paperwork. Again, I know God's timing is perfect and His provision sufficient for all our needs. It's when I take my eyes off Him and start trying to figure things out on my own that I get overwhelmed!

One day last week when we were home, I was transplanting some plants. One of the plants was especially root bound therefore I had great difficulty with it. I first tried to gently unwind the roots; then progressed to tugging & ripping trying to pull them apart. I finally got the small hand shovel and really had to start whacking at the roots to get them broken up. The whole time I was thinking "am I doing this plant any good or am I going to end up killing it?" I knew how important it was for the roots to be able to spread out and establish in new soil but they were so tightly bound it was almost impossible! Suddenly, I was struck by the thought that this is exactly what the Bible refers to when talking about God needing to prune us so we bear more fruit. I pictured God having these same thoughts about us; are we going to allow His pruning to "kill us" or are we going to "root" into deeper soil? And was reminded how important it is that we need His living water as well as His word to quench and nourish us.

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...