Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Recovering

Well, our Nordell Christmas vacation was a success, but the recovery has been hard; with yesterday being an especially rough one. Ron was exceptionally lethargic yesterday after a sleepless night (due to severe reflux which culminated in a puking episode early in the morning.) He continued to feel puny all day nausea and stomachache on top of a really BAD headache. I couldn't get him to drink or eat anything and was having visions of spending another holiday at Presby. Thankfully, his temperature and blood pressure were both normal so I was trying not to get overly concerned. He slept off and on ALL DAY and just looked bad. He did get up for a while in the evening and I convinced him to eat some eggs and toast but then back to the recliner and sleep. He's still sleeping this morning, but I'm hoping today will be a better day.

Needless to say, my plans to whip him back into shape have fallen by the wayside! But I'll take a little backslide any day, as long as it doesn't land us back at Presby (not that there's anything wrong with it!; just not how I'd like to spend my time this holiday season...or any other time, really)

So, it's been rather quiet around here. I'd like to say I've spent this time getting alot of those things on my never-ending "to do" list accomplished, but.....I've been rather lazy; just trying to take care of my guy. I do need to get busy, tho; there's much to do before I head back to work Monday, most importantly thank you notes! Yes, I'm still trying to get those out and no, I have not forgotten any of you (at least I hope my records are straight!)

As you celebrate the beginning of this New Year; know you are ever in our thoughts and prayers! Please pray this will be a "medically uneventful" year for us!

Love, Christie & Ron

"May the Lord of peace Himself always give you His peace no matter what happens. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thessalonians 3: 16 NLT

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...