Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beautiful weekend to spend at ... Presby?!?

After a week full of doctor visits, labs, IR, x-rays, MRI and a whole lot of pain, we made our 3rd trip to Presby this evening -- this time to be admitted.

Ron's MRI yesterday revealed he has an infection in his spine, specifically the bones of C6 & C7. Not good. One of the ramifications of being on long-term TPN is the fact a PICC line is an openning to allow bacteria to slip in.

Please pray as he undergoes many more blood draws, xrays, EKG, cultures and possibly a biopsy, that they will be able to determine exactly what kind of infection, which will give them the knowledge to treat with the specific antibiotic needed. He will have to be on high-dose IV antibiotics for about 6 weeks; most likely inpatient about a week and then I'll be taught to administer his IV meds at home.

I'll try to keep you posted as more as learned.

Love, Christie

My Deliverer is coming - my Deliverer is standing by

He will never break His promise - He has written it upon the sky

My Deliverer is coming - my Deliverer is standing by

I will never doubt His promise though I doubt my heart, I doubt my eyes

-- Rich Mullins

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...