Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday 1/16/2012

So thankful for an extra day off, allowing me to be with my hubby without using up one of my days from work...each and every one of them will be much-needed whenever he comes home.

Last night's dose of Ativan helped tremendously as it pretty much knocked him out for most of the night unfortunately, the pain in his back was still there with a vengeance this morning.

TEE (specialized ECHO) was performed today; isotopes were injected to begin Gallium scan tomorrow, and physical therapy came to show Ron some things to work on to help with lower back issues and to bring him a walker...at times, spasms hit so hard it renders his legs pretty much useless, just about brings him to his knees, thus the walker to help with mobility/stability and keep him safe. Will also give me peace of mind; there were a couple of times he really scared me when the pain hit--he was going down fast and I wasn't sure I could do anything to help him.

Dr. A spoke with IR and they deferred biopsy to neuro. Neurosurgeon met with us late this afternoon and plan was put in place to perform procedure late tomorrow afternoon. They are unable to do a needle biopsy therefore Dr. W will make an incision in the front of his neck, move the esophagus out of the way and take bone and tissue samples from C6&7 along with dura from in between these vertebrae.

I know we can count on each of you to continue to pray. Specifically to petition the Father on Ron's behalf to reveal the exact bacteria we are dealing with in order to target the antibiotics to cover those.

Hope to hear results from TEE tomorrow.

Much love, Christie

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown....Do not be afraid, for I am with you." Isaiah 43:2&5 NLT


“Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...