Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day! And Happy B-day Kristin!

My sweetheart and I spent our evening target shooting with Nerf Night laser dart guns and shooting hoops with his new Nerf Basketball set! Not your typical Valentine celebration, but we enjoyed it! And boy, did the staff enjoy playing with them! I don't think there was a single nurse that didn't get shot at one point or another with the dart gun this evening by either the receptionist or one of the PCT's (patient care technician). It was hilarious! They were having way too much fun! Most of them think I'm a little crazy at first, when I pull out whatever toy I've come up with to keep Ron amused, but then they get into playing, too! I keep telling them he needs the therapy...good eye-hand coordination, right?

Not much has happened this week. I was sick on Tuesday so had to stay away from Ron...my allergies kicked in hard leaving me feeling lethargic, having body aches and a terrible headache especially around my eyes that just would not go away. Put in my absence from work and slept off and on all day (with my bed buddy heating pad!). I didn't have the energy or desire to go down to eat but I keep soup, cheese & crackers and fruit (plus alot of other stuff) in my room for those days when nothing in the cafe looks good, so this was very handy. Still didn't feel great on Wednesday morning but got up and went about my normal routine day and by mid afternoon I was feeling good as new!

Ron seems to be tolerating the tube feeds much better this time. He wasn't feeling real great yesterday morning but it got better as the day went on. He is pretty bloated feeling which makes his tender belly feel more sore, but they're hoping this will pass...literally! He will go down to IR sometime tomorrow to check things out.

Dr. Shires was in this evening and he's saying maybe he'll get to go home in the next 7 to 10 days, or at least sometime this month, he hopes; dependent on Ron's overall progress. It's hard to believe we've been at Presby for 2 months now!

I understand progress is going very well on the house. Ron's brother, Leonard, has worked on it steadily this week with off and on help from his brother Ken, our neighbor, Adrian and many otherse. I hate to name names because I'm sure I'll forget someone....if I have, please forgive me!!!! I've decided I don't want to see the house until Ron and I can see it together, just like on Extreme Home Makeover; the family always sees it together!

That's it for now! I'll update when I get results from tomorrow!

Much love to each of you!!!

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...