Sunday, June 29, 2008

Same ol', same ol'

Days around here have been pretty routine. Ron completed his antibiotics on Friday night. He's gained about 10 pounds of fluid weight over a week's time so his legs are pretty puffed up again. They did a doppler on his legs yesterday to make sure no more blood clots have formed. Good news, not only are there no new ones, but the existing ones are actually slightly smaller! Thank you, God! The delicate balance of fluids and blood pressure are maddening, if they give extra fluid he swells up; if his fluid level gets low, it causes his blood pressure to drop too low!

Tomorrow, he goes for Interventional Radiology for a fistula-gram (check on leak size) and most likely a CT scan. Dr. Liddell (infectious disease) wants to watch him for 48 hours and then, if all goes well, we will once again go home (Wednesday).

Please pray for Ron. He's been a bit melancholy lately; so ready for this to be behind him. Sometimes, it seems it will never end and as we realize it will be July in 2 days; he's having thoughts of how much stuff he's had to sit out on over this last year. As well as the fact that, even though we may go home; it's still not over. He'll continue to deal with tubes and TPN, trips back to Presby for Interventional Radiology, all the record keeping of input, output, blood pressure and weight to monitor fluid level, Lovenox and steroid shots and still be unable to have anything other than ice chips. He is very mindful of how gracious God has been in sparing his life and bringing him this far. But it's just so HARD to have this going on and on with seemingly no end in sight! It's all in God's timing; there is nothing anyone can do, just wait for his body to heal.

I can't imagine how he feels; yes, it's hard on me but I have the luxury of walking away every so often and, for a while, having a semblance of a "normal" life. I'm in awe of how he handles it day after day...and so very proud of him and humbled to be his wife!

Regardless, God is always good; always faithful to give us exactly what we need when we need it. As I was reading yesterday morning my devotional was perfect! A verse we've heard over and over and yet He reveals something new.

"Summon YOUR power, O GOD; show us YOUR strength as YOU have in the past." Psalm 68:28

The LORD imparts to me the underlying strength of character that gives me the necessary energy and decision-making ability to live my life.... And the strength He gives is continuous; a source of power I cannot exhaust.

"The LORD is my strength" (Exodus 15:2) to go on...He gives me the power to walk the long, straight, and level path, even when the monotonous way has no turns or curves offering pleasant surprises and when my spirit is depressed with the terrible drudgery.

"The LORD is my strength" to go up. He is my power to climb the straight and narrow path up the Hill of Difficulty...and not be afraid.

"The LORD is my strength" to go down. It is often once I leave the invigorating heights, where the wind and sunlight have surrounded me, and begin to descend to the more confining, humid and stifling heat of the valley below that my heart grows faint....

"The LORD is my strength" to sit still. And what a difficult accomplishment this is! ..... To do nothing except to sit still and wait requires tremendous strength!

"The LORD is my strength!"

"Our competence comes from GOD" (2 Corinthians 3:5)

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...