Monday, June 2, 2008

How do you do it? God is faithful!

Now that school is out and I have a little more time, I'm hoping to share some thoughts on all that's been going on over these last (almost) 8 months.

Many of you have said to us "How do you do it? I could never go through all that you're going through..." I can assure you, it's not us! If we were trying to do this in our own strength, we'd have given up long ago! But, God is faithful to equip each of us to walk the path He lays before us! Our part is to submit to Him.

As I was reading this morning, my devotional seemed especially fitting to share.

"Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed...without weakening in his faith"
Romans 4:18-19

George Mueller once said "The only way to know strong faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm through severe testings." How true this is! You must trust when all else fails. If you are enduring great afflictions right now, you are at the source of the strongest faith. God will teach you during these dark hours to have the most powerful bond to His throne you could ever know, if you will only submit.
"Don't be afraid; just believe." Mark 5:36
Great faith must first endure great trials.
God's greatest gifts come through great pain.

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...