Sunday, January 6, 2008

Strength for the weary

Updates have been lacking and I've heard about it from several of you! SORRY!!!!!! But, life has been rather busy!

I'm so thankful for my room at Hotel Presby (9th floor of hospital). I can't imagine how I'd be able to keep up with my work and being with Ron, otherwise! Ron has been able to field business calls the last few days which is a great step forward but it requires my assistance so.......like I said, life is busy! It is such a blessing to have the kids here to help out!.They take care of the house, dogs, running errands for home and the business both and just all the everyday stuff that needs to be done. I know it's not easy running back and forth over here, too, but they never complain!

Nothing major has happened around here, just daily stuff! Ron is doing well and will have another fistula-gram tomorrow at noon (CT scan that specifically looks at leak in colon). He's hoping to get another drainage tube removed. They still have not been able to come up with anything to keep the belly sealed airtight which is keeping the belly from drying out and allowing the incision site to heal/close completely. So, not sure how that will effect decisions.

Still on the "big gun" antibiotics...Infectious Disease doc doesn't want to take him off of them since he's doing so well. Until they are sure the pockets of fluid and/or hematoma have cleared up things will probably remain the same.

All his stats continue to look good. He is now up to walking to the elevators and back a couple of times a day, which is about 250 feet (round trip each time). He's still very weak and today was more tired than usual, not sure if that's because of the push to walk further, lack of uninterrupted sleep or taking on some of the business stuff. Probably a combination of all these things. And I'm not sure how much of his strength/energy he'll be able to regain being exclusively on the TPN (IV nutrition). No talk of when they will try tube feeds again.

I think that's it for now! Will try to update more often!

Thanks for your continued prayers! Love,
Christie & fam

"He gives strength to those who are weary; more power to those who are weak"

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...