Sunday, November 1, 2009

Complicated???

Well, Dr. D tells me I'm married to a rather complicated guy (no kidding!!!). Thus, 2 1/2 hours later he finally comes out to tell me there were more clots than he thought and not all of them would break up, therefore he sucked out what he could but was unable to remove everything. They removed the PICC and placed a catheter into the affected areas (carotid/jugular and subclavian veins) that will deliver heparin for the next 12-14 hours in hopes of dissolving these clots.

Sunday morning at 9, Ron will go back to Interventional Radiology where they will take another look-see at how things are going. The hope is that this regimen works and they will then suck out the now broken up clots and place PICC in another location.

Please pray this treatment is succesful and he can get back on the road to healing. Due to the nature of the large amounts of Heparin (blood thinner) being delivered, he has been placed in ICU and I cannot stay with him. Since there was "no room at the inn" I have come home. VERY HARD to do...it kills me to know I'm so far away in case anything were to happen. But I know I have to release this desire for control. I may not be able to be there but God promises He will never leave us...what better hands could he be in, right? But it sure brings me a little more peace when I'm there too!

Also pray for a good night of rest for both of us...and especially against anxiety (which obviously will cause no rest!)

Thanks, Christie

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...