Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weary

It's been a rough few days around here. I'm tired, Ron's EXHAUSTED and we're both rather soul-weary.

Ron has had trouble sleeping at night but slept until 2:45 yesterday afternoon and today he slept until noon, woke up long enough for a protein drink and then slept in recliner until 2. When he's awake he's been very lethargic and seems quite down. He's had yakking episodes daily, which causes his small appetite to diminish even more. His vitals are fine but he looks gaunt and feels weak. In all he's lost 9.5 lbs since he was admitted to Presby 2 weeks ago (8 while there, 1.5 while home).

As we've talked (or as I've pulled teeth trying to get anything out of him), he finally admits he feels useless and is questioning everything. We've prayed and prayed and believed we were on the right track with Ron and school and life in general around here, but now.....

Please pray.

Christie

"O Lord, how long will you forget me?
Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
Restore the light to my eyes, or I will die.
Don't let my enemies gloat, saying 'We have defeated him!'
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.

But I trust (even when I don't feel like it) in Your unfailing love.
I will rejoice (even when I don't feel like it) because You have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord (even when I don't feel like it) because He has been so good to me."
Psalm 13 New Living Translation (parenthesis mine)

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...