Thursday, October 18, 2007

Here we go again!

Most of you know we had to take Ron back to the emergency room this afternoon. He had been doing well but today he started having alot of pain and nausea--not pain like he's had since the surgery but pain similar to what led him to the ER originally Oct 9.

After 6 hours and 2 rounds of morphine, blood work, sonogram, CT scan and doctor consultations they feel 80% sure that the duct leading from the liver to the intestines (where the gall bladder used to join and act as bile resevoir) must have a leak in it. So, they are admitting him to the hospital (when a room becomes available) in order to manage the pain and place him on high doses of antibiotics as a preventative. A gastroenterologist will see him in the morning. They believe he will be able to go in endoscopically (through mouth~no incisions) and put a stent in to basically patch the leak.

I am home to pick up a few things Ron and I need, then I'm headed back up to the hospital

Please continue to pray that they will find definitive answers and we will soon have this all behind us!

Thanks so much for your prayer support...we would find it difficult to walk this road without your support! I'll keep you posted. (I'll have both cell phones & laptop with me at hospital)

Much love!
Christie

"My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness...For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor 12:9a&10b

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...