Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trust Him in ALL things

Ron got some pretty decent sleep last night...even though late at night he got tangled up in his IV lines, knocking the whole thing over which caused the glass bottle of nutrition stuff to shatter! That brought everyone running!!!

WBC (white blood count) still at 38,000. Legs and feet still extremely swollen; back pain still there but he actually looked and felt better than he has since this all began. And he has not had hardly any pain meds the last couple of days.

Docs will be conferencing tomorrow to discuss whether to place in a PICC line or Central line (aka central venous catheter) kinda know what the difference is between the two, but too tired to try to go into it tonight soooo will save that for tomorrow.

Since this looks like it could be longer term than we were expecting we had to come up with a different schedule for my working situation so, my plan is to sleep at home each night, go to my office every morning and after doing some work there try to be at the hospital late morning to catch doctor's as they make their rounds (between 4 of them coming around it usually starts @ 11AM and last one comes in usually close to 7PM). In between doctor visits, I will work on Braille on the laptop there. I will also field Ron's business calls, contacting customers and setting appointments. My mom works for Ron so she is able to handle a good deal of the paperwork.

I'm so thankful my job is such that in an emergency situation like this I can work from just about anywhere...I calculate my hours at the end of each week and call in absence for anything under the typical 40. Fortunately (?), alot of the teacher's I do Braille for tend to wait til Friday to give us work for Monday, so I can usually put in some hours over the weekend while things are less hectic. (Phone is turned off for Nordell Equipment on weekends, yeah!!!). I've already had to use many of my sick leave days during his first surgery so I'm trying to save as many as I can for when he comes home.

I really have to brag on God's goodness....as most of you know, the beginning of my school year has been very difficult. The Epstein Barr Virus I have (similar to Chronic Fatigue) gave me a bit of a relapse---blood results showed in the "convalescent phase"---and I was barely dragging through each week, spending most of my weekends in bed recuperating. The weekend before Ron's emergency surgery was the first I'd felt half way decent since summer! God has been so faithful to give me strength and stamina throughout this entire ordeal! Not sure if it's adrenaline I'm running on but I do know I could not do it without Him!

Please pray for us as we adjust to this new schedule (as well as all the other issues!). I hate being away from Ron and I know he's more comfortable when I'm there as well. One of my greatest joys in life is ministering to my husband! But, we're choosing to trust God in this knowing He will provide for our every need. And once again, we're getting out of our comfort zone and allowing Him to show us how He wants us to handle this situation. Do we need to be more humbled and allow God to use others to provide for Ron's health issues instead of me? Are we trying to do things in our own strength? Do we need a lesson in allowing others to minister to us instead of always being the ones to minister to others? I don't know, but I do know we can trust Him in all things!

Good night! (or morning, whatever the case may be!)

Christie

"For the word of the Lord holds true, and everything He does is worthy of our trust....the Lord's plans stand firm forever; His intentions can never be shaken... the Lord watches over those who fear Him, those who rely on His unfailing love...We depend on the Lord alone to save us. Only He can help us, protecting us like a shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in His holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in You alone."
Psalm 33:4; 11; 18; 2-22 New Living Translation

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...