Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sucker Punch!

Well, we've taken a hard blow to the stomach today!

First off, EGD procedure went very well. They were able to remove the stent with no problem and everything looked good.

We've been concerned about the greater amount of swelling in his left leg so they decided to sonogram both his legs and found he has a blood clot (deep vein thrombosis) in his left leg. So... now they will treat him with Lovenox, a blood thinner, that he will take for the next 3-6 months. He must be on complete bed rest for the next 72 hours. Very important that the clot not dislodge but be dissolved by medication instead.

Very discouraging news for us. We were really hoping things would continue forward. I confess our spirits took a bit of a nose dive, but, WE REFUSE TO LOSE HOPE! And are clinging to the promise that what Satan might intend to harm us, God will use those same plans for our good.

I found this note in my Bible as I was seeking comfort and strength, it said "never pray for an easier life--pray to be a stronger person; pray for power equal to your task!"

"Be men of courage; be strong." I Cor 16:13

"For I will be with you...I will not fail you or abandon you." Joshua 1:5b

"the Lord is in His holy Temple; the Lord still rules from heaven. He watches everything closely..." Psalm 11:4

Thanks for standing in the gap!

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...