Monday, January 26, 2009

Back in the saddle again....

At Ron's appointment this afternoon, decision was made to admit him to Presby. We knew this could be a possibility so were prepared with packed bags! Nothing major has changed, but we need to find out what is causing his digestive issues. It's obviously not a good thing to be throwing up as much as he is nor to be losing so much weight! Dr. A also believes he may be a little dehydrated.

He will have an upper GI with small bowel series, as well as x-rays, blood workup and IV fluids administered. He may also have CT after the upper GI and, dependent on those results, possibly endoscopy. These will be done over several days.

Not sure what my plans are as yet. Originally, I was going to go home tonight but with the chance of the weather turning bad, I might hunker down here. (I did pack a bag for myself in case I felt I needed to stay).

Will keep you posted!

1 comment:

auntkasey said...

I'm sorry to heard that you had to go back! My offer still stands. If there's anything I can do let me know.

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...