Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When it rains.....

It pours!! My sweet husband is having a VERY DIFFICULT time dealing with all that's going on physically--especially the chronic reflux and indigestion (as well as the constant fatigue). We thought things had gotten better, and they had for about a day and a half; but now…. He says he spends all day belching and wondering if he's going to throw up which makes him anxious about eating; but knows he has to eat, which exacerbates the symptoms....thus, a never ending cycle. And now it is turning into an emotional battle as well. We had a very long talk tonight and he confessed that he struggles with worrying; obviously about his health and the seemingly backward step he’s taken and particularly about the future. He doesn’t see a goal in sight career-wise. We know he will never be able to return to the physical demands of the business we own and this is quite overwhelming to him. Many have asked if we have ever considered selling the business; and the answer is YES! We would love to sell! But with the economy in the state it is in, no one is interested. Right now, Ron is very frustrated and it seems pointless to him to be spending what little “good” time he has on doing paperwork and making phone calls on something that is barely paying its own bills; but in reality at this time we have no choice. It may not bring in any money for us, but each month it’s making payments on the small business loan we have on it. Please pray: for both Ron’s physical and emotional state; and for God’s direction and peace regarding the future. I’ve told him repeatedly right now, his job is to recuperate and get well! And reminded him our motto is…”enough for today”. God promises to give us whatever it is we need for each day as it arrives. “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” Matthew 6:34 The Message On another note: Woo hoo! I’m getting a new vehicle as of Friday …well, new to me; courtesy of Progressive Insurance. You guessed it, an accident. No, it was not our fault and fortunately, no one was IN the truck, therefore, no one was injured! I’d been at work for about ½ an hour this morning when my principal called out to ask if anyone in our office drives a white Toyota Tundra…I responded, “yes that’s me” (naturally my brain immediately starts flying to: did I leave the lights on? Door open? I couldn’t have left it running because I had to use the keys to get into the building, right?) He then asked me to meet someone out in the parking lot; my response “uh-oh” and his was “yeah, uh oh.” Someone was backing out of the parking lot, cut the wheel too quickly and rammed the driver’s side bed panel, (pretty large spot, including the gas cap area). Poor guy was dropping off his grandkids and….BAM! He felt really bad and was so sweet. When I got back into the office, I was thinking holy cow…when it rains, it pours. We could have gotten really upset…one more “bad” thing happening; but in the scheme of things…it’s trivial! We learned a long time ago that a vehicle is just a hunk of metal that gets us from place to place. Yes, this is an inconvenience but more importantly, no one was hurt and the guy tracked me down to get it taken care of. Later, as I was listening to Todd Agnew, this song reminded me no matter what happens in life, I can be thankful that God’s grace rains down on me. Grace like Rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyVHdvVMnc “He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.” Matthew 5:45 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God…” Ephesians 2:8 Thanks for “listening”! Christie

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...