Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy 30th Anniversary, Babe!

This morning, Ron had quite a surprise when I woke him to "unplug" his TPN and flush his PICC line. In honor of our anniversary, I was wearing my wedding gown...yes, I can (barely) still fit into it, although only able to zip it to the waist! The discomfort was definitely worth the smile on his face!

Tonight, I was actually able to go on a real date with my sweet hubby! It's been at least 19 months since we enjoyed a date night. Ron decided he enjoyed last weekends walk on the wild side and so far has had no ill effects; so in celebration of our anniversary, he took me to dinner and a movie. We shared a wonderful meal (as well as appetizer and dessert...really livin' it up!) at The Cheesecake Factory, then on to see the new "Night at the Museum" flick. We were blessed by finding we had a gift certificate to Cheescake Factory that we'd had well over a year and with splitting the entire meal, it was a very affordable night.

Honey, I can't imagine sharing this wild and crazy roller coaster of life with anyone other than you! I praise God for bringing you into my life and for giving you the perseverance to pursue the relationship even when I didn't know what I wanted!

I love you, sweetheart...more than yesterday, less than tomorrow!

Christie

"This is my beloved and this is my friend" Song of Solomon

"I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears of all my life." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"And if it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart, the only dream that mattered had come true. In this life, I was loved by you." Colin Raye

"Grow old along with me the best is yet to be." Robert Browning

"If ever two were one, then surely we. If ever man were loved by wife, then thee." Anne Bradstreet

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

1 comment:

j.nordell said...

Hello from Minnesota. I came across your site about a year and a half ago, and have kind of lost track of you until now. Happy anniversary from John and Kristie Nordell in Minnesota. We celebrated 33 years of marriage on May 22 (1976). My prayer is that God will continue to give you grace and strength to face each day.

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...