Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh What A Night!!!

What am I going to do with my sweet hubby??? I keep telling him I'm getting too old to pull these ER all-nighters but he's got a mind of his own!

Monday afternoon, Ron tells me "I don't want to alarm you, but" ....now, is it just me, or does your heart go into overdrive when you hear that??? He then informed me he had been having pain in his chest since Sunday afternoon...yes, Sunday afternoon!

Long story short, we ended up at our family healthcare after hours clinic. Doc there felt he needed more extensive testing which they couldn't accomodate and asked what our hospital preference would be. When I said Presbyterian Dallas, I was informed we needed something closer; if need be he could be transferred after diagnostics were complete. After a very long night filled with EKG, chest xray, multiple blood tests, chest CT, iv fluids and several rounds of morphine; he was still having pain. Tests were inconclusive so they decided to keep him overnight for observation (finally got into a room at 7AM). Doctors here conferred with docs at Presbyterian and decision has been made to transfer him to Presby. So, we are in that process now.

I'll update more as I can!

Please pray for definitive answers along with peace and rest!

Much love,
Christie

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...