Sunday, January 4, 2009

Trying to "count it all joy"

Today, Sunday, has been a rough day with floodworks in full force! For some reason, I've been having a very difficult time dealing with what seems to be these backward steps we're experiencing; my heart breaks for my sweet husband who typically has so much joy in life! But, it's not about me.....

Ron continues to experience a great deal of reflux, bloating and is now vomitting daily and sometimes twice daily. And I can tell by looking at him he just isn't feeling well (and does admit to a good deal fatigue and muscle weakness).

Saturday night was especially bad--SEVERE reflux caused inability to get comfortable to be able to sleep; got up vomitting at 4AM and the tightness in his belly was so intense he ended up taking a hydrocodone (which he RARELY does, in fact, it's been at least a month since he has taken any pain meds...I know, I'm a fanatic about keeping notes on everything, I need/want to get a life!). The exhaustion on top of the pain med caused him to sleep til 2PM Sunday.

The last couple of days he seems to be having difficulty every time he eats with severe reflux, bloating and increased tightness....which once again led to vomitting 8:30 PM Sunday.

After vomitting, he still has the tightness in his belly, although tightness is not quite as severe as before vomitting (tightness remains mostly in lower left quadrant, below the scar) but bloating gets better.

He always has tightness in belly; but not this intense. Maybe increase is partly because he has done no physical therapy in the last couple of weeks?? He's been pretty lethargic and other than horseshoes a couple times week of Christmas and a game of Wii tennis Saturday, he's had no measurable physical activity.....oh yeah, Christmas Day when he took a couple swings with a golf club for the first time since October 2007.

Please pray....for Ron especially; but I'd appreciate it if you'd throw in one or two for me as well!
Love,
Christie

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...