Monday, January 19, 2009

Dodged the bullet for now!

Ron did not have to be admitted to Presby today.

He's been in better spirits since our consultation with Dr. A on Wednesday, I think just having a plan in place has been helpful. Indigestion/bloating/nausea is much better; some improvement with reflux but still coughing throughout the night from it and he woke very early Saturday morning puking. He's so sick of soups, pudding & protein drinks since that's all he's had since Wed. Unfortunately, he has lost 2 pounds over the weekend, and is feeling weaker since only being on liquids.

He finished the antibiotic on Sunday and has been taking Milk of Magnesia 3-4 times a day (depending on whether or not I'm here to remind him to take it---he's very spoiled, and I think I'm an enabler!) Things are definitely "flowing" which is very good! I never thought I'd pray someone would have diarrhea!

He wants to try eating again but is not optimistic that things will be any different than before. He also says he doesn't want to be hospitalized unless there is something specific that needs to be done that cannot be addressed at home. So, he will continue on this same regimen of Milk of Magnesia and hopefully keep the same amount of flow "going". We are both in agreement Dr. Arslanlar has the right to veto the decision if he feels it is in Ron's best interest.

And, he was very happy to begin eating solid food again today. Please pray things will go well; with no increase in reflux, indigestion or puking. And, literally, things will continue to "go"!

On another note, Friday afternoon I dropped off our truck at Progressive and picked up our replacement vehicle. I was concerned they would put me in some little bitty car and was not looking forward to it. When we arrived they assured us they always put you in a comparable vehicle. Couldn't believe it when they brought ours out...be on the lookout for this hot mama cruisin' a Hummer H3! ! So fun!

Thanks for your prayers!
Christie

1 comment:

auntkasey said...

What a fun surprise!! (The car)
Mr. Ron I have a few good soup recipes I'd be happy to pass along. They're Weight Watcher recipes, so I can't gaurantee any weight gain, but they're pretty yummy! Let me know if I can help in any way.

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...