Sunday, April 6, 2008

Busy Bees!

I know, I know....I haven't updated like I said I would! Sorry!!! I haven't had a chance to return phone calls, either. (I actually forget we have a home phone; I've become accustomed to being without one at the hospital, so don't think to listen to messages.) And I am WAY BEHIND on thank you notes....I'll get to them sometime. Please know that even though I haven't written or called each of you individually, you are all very much appreciated!!!

It's been very busy around here what with getting adjusted to being home again and trying to establish a routine with work and all the other things that have to be taken care of. I had to attend the National Braille Association conference for work on both Thursday and Friday in Dallas but Aaron was able to adjust his schedule so that he could work from our house therefore able to take care of Ron's TPN when it was time to disconnect and do PICC line flushes, take care of drain tube management, record all output, etc. Ryan could tell I was very tired after returning Thursday evening and volunteered to take care of Ron's shower, mix TPN & connect, do all flushes, put clean linens on his bed, etc. And Kristin has been so sweet to grocery shop and help with meal preparations since we've been home as well as stay with Ron while I was at the office. Aaron again gave me a break last night by preparing TPN and getting it hooked up! Our kids are great! I can't imagine how I'd do it if they were still living out of town. They do so much!

And then we have our sweet neighbors...Saturday morning I heard the lawn mower going and Gina was mowing our front lawn! This afternoon, Adrian mowed the back and did all the weed eating/edging! We are incredibly blessed.

Ron's doing ok. No changes in how he feels....still lacks energy and strength. Still gets nauseated and retches often. Still very tender belly from stitches where tubes are attached. His heart rate has been running higher than I'd like and he's been light-headed quite often lately which is extremely frustrating to him. Blood Pressure has been a little low but ok; we are able to check it twice a day ourselves (thanks Laura for lending us your BP monitor!) I think he's somewhat discouraged that things have not improved now that he's home. He was hoping to feel much better and be able to move about more but he goes from bed to chair and back again. Please pray he will begin to gain strength and energy; that his heart rate will stabilize to a more normal and that he'll be able to get back on track with doing his daily exercises and walking. So far, he's only managed a walk similar to ones at hospital once a day (as opposed to three times a day while at Presby). And has yet to have the energy do his exercises since he's been home. We know it will take a little while to adjust; and I confess I'm a little gun shy about any regression. I certainly don't want to repeat our last little episode.

I'm sure there is more to share, but it will have to wait until next! It's almost midnight and I need to get to bed!

Your continued prayer support is much needed and greatly appreciated!
Love, Christie

"For surely you have a future ahead of you; your hope will not be disappointed." Proverbs 23:18 NLT

PS: Date change for Golf Tournament (fundraiser). Now scheduled for Monday, May 19 at Iron Horse Golf Course. I'll send flyer when I get an updated copy!

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...