Saturday, April 19, 2008

Standing firm by leaning hard!

God's word is always so appropriate and timely! My devotional reading this morning was from Exodus 14:13

"Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today."

God's command to me as a believer for those times when I am faced with dire circumstances and extraordinary difficulties is to "stand firm"....Even in the worst of times God would have me be cheerful and courageous, rejoicing in His love and faithfulness...ready for action, expecting further orders....cheerfully and patiently waiting.

Hmmm, cheerful....patient....courageous....glad I can trust Him to give me these attributes; don't think I could muster them up on my own at this point!

Devotional reading from Streams in the Desert (selected reading from Charles H. Spurgeon)

Haven't seen Ron yet this morning; and can't until 8:30. ICU is a great place for care but I hate the visiting hour restrictions at times although I know it's in the patient's best interest.. When I left last night (kicked out at 10), they had started him on Levophed (blood pressure med) because he was not being able to support a satisfactory blood pressure while on the Fentanyl drip (for pain); and obviously, at this point, pain management is critical. They also had the Bair hugger (fancy inflated warming blanket thing to bring body temp up which had decreased during surgery) removed and fan blowing on him because he had started running a temp...not unexpected. But he hates having a fan blowing on him...so I asked them to turn it to where it hits the window and then bounces back on him. Temp had gone down to 100.2 by the time I left (was right at 101 when I arrived). Heart rate was still pretty high but was going at least bouncing around between 100-130 instead of staying consistently in 120-130 range.

I hate this part of the process. It is so hard to see him in pain. I'd like to say I would gladly take this on myself but honestly, I'm too much of a chicken; don't think I could handle it! My husband is amazing and I'm so proud to be his wife!!!

Keep praying; expecting miracles!

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...