Wednesday, March 5, 2008

AHHHHH.....Saturdays!








Even though I love my job, it's nice to have the weekends to be able to rest and relax with my sweet hubby! And it's the first day of March...it's amazing to think that this time next month we could be home with all this behind us (at least the major part). Doesn't seem possible, does it?

Ryan's girlfriend, Stacee, arrived (from Florida) yesterday morning. He's enjoying giving her the grand tour for her first trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth. They spent some time up here at Presby yesterday afternoon and were able to help take Ron outside for a while. Last night they took the train to the Mavericks game. Today, Ryan is taking her to see where he works and around to other places of interest. Tomorrow evening they will go to Bass Hall, after spending the afternoon with us for our typical Sunday afternoon of family games...last week we introduced a new facet to our Nerf dart guns, a talking dart board! Ryan is the proud high score holder at this point!

While Ryan & Stacee were here this afternoon we once again went outside. This time, Ron actually walked out to the fountain, where we sat for about 30 minutes, then walked back. (With the walker being his only assistance) It was great!!!! That's the furtherest he's walked since October! Ron was definitely ready to get back in bed and after Ryan and Stacee left, he took a long nap.

Our devotional reading this morning came from Streams in the Desert:
"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what He has made crooked?" Ecclesiastes 7:13
"Notice the way God does things; then fall into line. Don't fight the ways of God..."
New Living Translation

God often seems to place His children in places of deep difficulty...He creates situations that human judgment, would never allow...Your situation is filled with uncertainty and is very serious, but it is perfectly right. The reason behind it will more than justify Him who brought you here, fot it is a platform from which God will display His almighty grace and power. He not only will deliver you but in doing so will impart a lesson you will never forget. And in days to come, you will return to the truth of it...You will be unable to ever thank God enough for doing exactly what He has done.

We may wait till He explains,
Because we know that Jesus reigns.

It puzzles me; but, Lord, you understand,
And will one day explain this crooked thing.
Meanwhile, I know that it has worked out Your best
Its very crookedness taught me to cling.

You have fenced up my ways, made my paths crooked,
To keep my wand'ring eyes fixed on You,
to make me what I was not, humble, patient;
To draw my heart from earthly love to You.

So I will thank and praise You for this puzzle,
And trust where I cannot understand.
Rejoicing You do hold me worth such testing,
I cling the closer to Your guiding hand.

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...