Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Coming around

Just left Ron and am happy to report he's feeling much better. The headache is finally gone and temp was normal at 10:30PM! They are weaning him off BP med and slowing down the IV fluids. They said he'd puff up again and his thighs are already getting quite large! He felt well enough for me to bathe him before heading up to my room. If blood pressure remains stable, kidney function looks better and blood work comes back okay then they will take him to CT tomorrow. Doctors have assured us this is just a small bump in the road...not that unexpected. They say they know he'll get over it, it will just take time and to remember all the mountains he's already conquered. By the looks on their faces, they've been just as sad (if not more) for us to have to be back so soon. We feel very confident in where we are...the care and compassion by all Ron's doctors, nurses, PCT's, etc, is just incredible.

They are doing construction at Presby and tonight they have a planned power outage for 11PM-5AM. All the medical floors have generator power and some lights in the hallways throughout the entire building...but NO POWER at all in the hotel rooms. They had told me this would be occuring and would help with other accomodations if I wanted, but I declined, so they gave me a flashlight! It's kind of strange but not too bad; I really do miss having my fan...not sure how I'll sleep without it! Becky, you know what I'm talking about!!!

I'll update tomorrow when I know more! I know we can count on you to continue to pray!

No comments:

It's here!!! Ron tells his story

Love it when my hubby shares!. Though a very condensed version, Ron eloquently shared with our youth group a few weeks ago. Below are his th...